The splendid metamorphosis of the greatest bike in the history of trial
GasGas presents its revolutionary new TXT Racing 2019 range. This iconic trial model shows off great new features in both its looks and on its inside too, without losing the accent on the racing style of all its models. A firm commitment to renovation that will convince trial enthusiasts and has become the most powerful weapon of the official GasGas Trial Factory Team riders making them winners in the top international competitions.
Thanks to the experience of the GasGas Trial Factory Team in the highest level of international competition and the direct feedback given to the R&D department from its official riders, Jaime Busto and Jeroni Fajardo, the Trial World Championship has become the best test bench to push forward the evolution of the production bikes from the factory in Salt.
A guarantee of success for the latest generation of the GasGas TXT Racing 2019, with models that combine the high performance and reliability of all components plus a new attractive, radical look. Significant changes have been made on the external level, in terms of looks and graphic design, and also internally, both in the engine and in other parts of the bike. A profound renewal that means the greatest transformation in the history of a model, the TXT, which marks a before and after in this discipline since its birth now two decades ago.
Looks: cutting edge, stylized, racing image
GasGas has completely reinvented its great trial icon. The TXT Racing 2019 range with numerous new features is now unveiled before all trial lovers. The first of these, evident to the naked eye, is on an aesthetic level with completely renewed graphics and a markedly ’racing’ appearance. All this thanks to the stylization of its lines and the originality of elements such as the new front mud guard, integrated into the fork brace, or the combination of basic colours such as black, red and white in the plastic and the embellishment of parts such as the new aluminium swingarm or the clutch cover.
The rear section shows the remarkable changes that have been incorporated in the new GasGas TXT Racing 2019, with the debut of its new swingarm and most of the additional components associated with the rear section. This includes a long list of new features in the rear section, headed by the incorporation of a new more effective brake cylinder, a new disc protector anchored directly to the brake calliper, and a new guide for the rear brake hose, which has a new sprocket protector. In addition to a practical side stand with a new protrusion to facilitate its extension with the sole of the boot, a new chain skid, detachable without the need to undo the swingarm and an easy to assemble chain tensioner that now has even greater protection.
Chassis: new swingarm and rear section
New elements in the rear section in addition to the new aluminium swingarm with its progressive linkage system, include the two-way Öhlins hydraulic monoshock with 174 mm travel and the new anchorage between the swingarm, the chrome-molybdenum tubular chassis and the engine with bearings double sealed to the exterior, which ensure a hermetic finish and provide a perfect balance between stability, traction and the reaction capacity of the rear shock absorber in the most demanding and uncompromising trial zones for riders.
An absolute redesign of the swingarm and link that give a new progressiveness to the models of the new GasGas TXT Racing 2019 range, increasing its stability and improving the traction and precision of the rear section.
If we look at the mid section, the changes in the anchoring system and the modification of the chassis, to accommodate the new swingarm, have allowed small details such as the replacement of the old conical head screws of the previous models with the new standard Allen type, much more robust and durable. Also there is the incorporation of new bearings in the brake pedal, with the aim of eliminating any type of play and maintaining the smoothness of its feel despite the wear caused by the passage of time in this type of component.
The new design of the front mudguard concentrates many of the new features of a front section that once again shows a commitment to the excellent response of the 39 mm diameter Tech fork with 18 cm of travel, already used in previous versions of the brand. Components such as Michelin Trial tires NG disc brakes and the Braktec callipers that mean a guarantee of quality for riders in terms of traction and braking.
Engine: Maximum reliability and great performance
Often external changes are a reflection of an internal renewal, as in the case of the new TXT Racing 2019, where this season’s models adopt highly relevant developments in the engine. If we delve into its heart, we find one of the main modifications of this model: new crankshaft bearings that ensure the correct lubrication of the engine, ensure the hermetic fit of the assembly and, in turn, allow its easy and convenient maintenance from the exterior.
The new trial range from the company in Girona will be manufactured in the usual engines sizes of 300, 280, 250 and 125 cc, counting on its compact, light single-cylinder water cooled 2 stroke engines with six-speed gearbox.
In addition to the proven reliability and resistance of its engines, new kevlar clutch discs are incorporated in this range with a new spring and new variable preload. In this same section, the clutch cover constitutes one of the remarkable new features of this edition. A cover divided in two parts in order to simplify access and maintenance, and facilitate the removal of the clutch discs, a job that now requires only the simple operation of removing the outer cover.
NEW FEATURES OF THE GAS GASGAS TXT RACING 2019 RANGE
- Front mudguard with integrated fork brace
- Chain tensioner, sprocket protector, rear disc
- Clutch cover
- Basic colors: motor, plastics, anodized parts, etc…
- Aluminium swingarm
- Chain tensioner removable without taking off the swingarm
- More effective Braktec brake cylinder
- Easy-to-assemble and more protected chain tensioner
- Brake disc protector mounted directly to the calliper
- Guide for the rear brake hose
- Sprocket protector
- Linkage providing a perfect balance between stability and reactivity of the rear shock assembly
- Öhlins 2-way shock absorber providing extra stability
- Mounting point between swingarm, chassis, and engine, now with double-sealed bearings to prevent entry of water and grime
- Side-stand with integrated protrusion for easy operation by rider’s foot
- Modification of the frame to accommodate the new swingarm
- Use of Allen screws, much more robust and durable
- Bearings in the brake pedal, eliminating any type of play and keeping smooth feel after extended use
- Front brake assembly with Braktec calliper, more rigid, precise, and robust even in the most extreme conditions
- Brake pads now guided at the top to ensure perfect sliding movement
- Braktec clutch cylinder with improvements in the interior finish and in the shape of the master cylinder seals
- Clutch improvements
- Clutch discs manufactured with Kevlar
- Clutch spring design
- Clutch Preload system to improve power delivery
- New two-piece clutch cover for easy maintenance
- Crankshaft bearings that ensure proper lubrication and airtight seal
- Maintenance of crankshaft bearings is carried out without splitting cases