The highly competitive GasGas EC enduro and XC cross-country models renew their image by incorporating improvements in the frame and suspension, the engine and the electrical system. The brand from Girona updates the looks of its enduro while keeping intact the wild, attractive line of its unmistakable two-stroke off-road models.
After the profound renovation experienced last year in the enduro range, the prestigious dirt-bike brand takes another step forward in the evolution of its great icon in this discipline with the launch of the new 2019 GasGas EC and XC.
More than two decades after Paul Edmonson made history conquering the first of the nine World Enduro Championships for the factory from Salt, the latest in the line to inherit those mythical EnduroCross initials takes up the challenge of that World Champion bike and together with GasGas’s vast experience to make a new qualitative leap with the presentation of the new EC and XC enduro range.
The natural evolution of a model that has managed to adapt as none other has to the demands of the toughest of discipline, to keep growing until it has become the best version of itself, a true dirt-bike symbol. A versatile, powerful, resistant all-terrain machine designed to meet the needs of today’s enduro rider, whatever their level, Thanks to the quality and versatility of a bike that, in 2019, renews its image with a special graphic design where the red is kept as the emblematic color of the brand, although this time introducing black and white strokes also.
With a dry weight just over 100 kilograms positioning it as one of the lightest bikes on the market, the new GasGas EC and XC models show off improvements in its engine and frame and suspension, in addition to its electrical system -with a new starter and greater capacity battery system- and the novelty of the double switch map, to get the most out of dry or wet terrain.
With regard to the engine, the new GasGas 250 and 300 cc bikes, have a new cylinder head. New technology that allows an increase in the thermodynamic performance of the engine and an increase in power for the 2019 versions, achieving a more linear delivery of torque throughout its range.
As with its revolutionary predecessor, GasGas has made a firm commitment with its new models for the maximum quality of their components and details to highlight the fact it is a benchmark in the world of two-stroke enduro bikes. A complete list of components, often surprising to see on a production bike, endow the entire GasGas Enduro range with an exclusive character, equipped in its entirety with suspension from the prestigious firm Kayaba, a Magura clutch pump, FMF exhaust, Kehin carburettor, Neken handlebar, and Excel wheel rims are among the most outstanding features of this 2019 edition.
Components to which more new features in the 2019 GasGas Enduro range are added, this time concentrated mostly at the front end, which in this new model, incorporates a new 28.6 mm diameter handlebar, without central tension bar, and a new protector designed specifically by GasGas for this type of handlebar. A new handlebar that is helped by the new supports -designed to provide greater rigidity to the steering column- and the new Neken brand grips to increase the grip, improve the feel and offer a greater sensation of stiffness and control of the steering column.
The new electrical system is where much of the efforts of the GasGas technical department have been concentrated for the new enduro range, which now has a new electrical installation, a new optimized electric start system and, as a new feature, incorporates a double ”Sun/Rain” double switch map for the first time to adapt power delivery to the conditions of terrain offering greater traction and feeling to rider. New features include a new mounting system for the display.
The new 2019 GasGas Enduro series is made up of the EC 300/250/200 versions for Europe and the XC 300/250/200 cross-country -not homologated- destined mainly for the US market and use in closed or motocross circuits.
2019 GASGAS ENDURO NEW FEATURES
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
- Incorporation of the 28.6 mm diameter handlebar without central bar redesigned with a new steering position
- New Neken grips for firmer grip
- New GasGas brand central handlebar protector
- New redesigned handlebar supports to give greater rigidity to the handlebar mounting system
- New special graphic design for the 2019 EC / XC series
- The new EC / XC 300 cc 2019 incorporates a redesigned cylinder head that increases the thermodynamic performance of the engine and the linear delivery of torque throughout its range
- New MY2019 graphic
- GasGas red frame protectors
- Re-designed side number panels and rear mudguard for a better fit of the parts, easier maintenance and filter cleaning
- Incorporation of new “Sun/Rain” double switch map. The new ”Sun” map is for the maximum torque delivery engine management map while the second ”Rain” map gives torque delivery for optimal traction in slippery areas for all those who want more feeling from their enduro
- New optimized electric start system
- New electrical installation
- New system for mounting the display